Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ethernet Enabled Printing (Support for ChiTuBox 1.4.0 + 1.5.0)
Thank you very much! Works like a charm! Big Grin Big Grin
(07-22-2019, 03:27 AM)Lecoyote Wrote: Thank you very much! Works like a charm!  Big Grin Big Grin

Awesome!!!
hello , i would like to know if it work with CPL ?
(08-05-2019, 12:59 AM)loloboss83 Wrote: hello , i would like to know if it work with CPL ?

CPL?
(08-06-2019, 03:23 PM)admin Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 12:59 AM)loloboss83 Wrote: hello , i would like to know if it work with CPL ?

CPL?
yes like this 
https://www.amazon.fr/s?k=prise+cpl&__mk..._sb_noss_2
Technically, ethernet is ethernet. As long as that cpl is able to be configured to your home network, there is no reason that it shouldn't work Smile
Is it possible to accelerate transfert ? Because it s very slow
hello is it possible to combe back to the original firmware , and interface please ?
Hey!

Is there any known api to check printers status, progress, error etc. via Network?

I would like to get notified via Pushover, Telegram or something when the printjob is done.

(Someting like "Octoprint" for FDM-Printers would be nice)

Greetings

David
Hi,

I have just looked into this... thank you for posting about ethernet support!

Some findings from me:
- At least with the latest firmware, it seems like the UI firmware file is the only one that is needed (edit: I forgot that this is also in the READ ME file, but I wanted to point that out anyway)
- The settings gcode file is also not necessary... it doesn't seem to change anything network related
- To get ChiTuBox to use network support, the only relevant setting in the profile is "machineType". It must be changed from "ELEGOO MARS" to "default".
You can export an existing/default ELEGOO MARS Profile, change that value and import it again after adding a new "default" printer.

(08-12-2019, 12:21 AM)davipet Wrote: Is there any known api to check printers status, progress, error etc. via Network?

It looks like ChitTuBox simply communicates with the printer by G codes over UDP.
And it searches the printer by sending a broadcast to UDP port 3000 with the G code M99999.

For example with Linux, you can do the same this way:
Code:
echo -n M99999 | socat - UDP4-DATAGRAM:192.168.1.255:3000,so-broadcast
(of course, you have to change the broadcast address so it matches your network)

And you can get the print status from the known printer IP via:
Code:
echo -n M27 | nc -w 1 -u 192.168.1.123 3000
(broadcast like above also works...)

I have also found this with more G codes (that's where I got M27 from):
https://github.com/Photonsters/anycubic-...via-serial