Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ethernet Enabled Printing (Support for ChiTuBox 1.4.0 + 1.5.0)
(07-21-2019, 03:44 PM)admin Wrote: I'm already at version V4.2.20.3.
Should i use V4.2.18_LCD or wait for update?
Thanks
=============================

Okay guys, here it is Smile

All the files and instructions on how to setup the Mars to be Network enabled.  

• FW Update Files
  • UI Update File
  • Configuration Gcode File
  • ChiTuBox Configuration File (ChiTuBox 1.4.0)
  • ChiTuBox Configuration File (ChiTuBox 1.5.0)
  • Adapter Plate STL

Ive got multiple printers setup this way and all working great!!!

Please make sure to open the READ ME file first!!!

__________ UPDATE __________

Added the .cfg file to be used with ChiTuBox 1.5.0
Instructions on how to add properly are in the Read Me file
Good question...

Since this is using the epax fw that enables the ethernet port and the epax ui so it displays on the screen, you should only need to run the actual fw and ui, but I have not tested to confirm.

I'll test this weekend and update Smile
Trying again... the first time didn't post right...

I'm already at version V4.2.20.3.
Should i use V4.2.18_LCD or wait for update?
Thanks

(08-30-2019, 07:29 AM)admin Wrote: Good question...

Since this is using the epax fw that enables the ethernet port and the epax ui so it displays on the screen, you should only need to run the actual fw and ui, but I have not tested to confirm.

I'll test this weekend and update Smile

Just saw this...
Will wait for your response..
Thanks...
Here's a fun question! So I ran through this setup yesterday ( everything's working great) and I noticed you can toggle between lan and Wi-Fi in the settings. So I was wondering if we now drop a esp8266-01 on the board if it will be supported? I was planning on getting an esp01 for another project anyway I think I'll just order an extra and give it a shot! If anyone has tried this already or has any insight or thoughts on this I would be curious to hear about it. BTW I realize the image attached is an anycubic photon mobo but I couldn't find anything on the Mars hence this post lol

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Elegoo Mars
Elegoo resin (white, black, grey )
Siraya tech ( tenacious, blue, easy orange)
(08-31-2019, 01:41 AM)Matman Wrote: Here's a fun question! So I ran through this setup yesterday ( everything's working great) and I noticed you can toggle between lan and Wi-Fi in the settings. So I was wondering if we now drop a esp8266-01 on the board if it will be supported? I was planning on getting an esp01 for another project anyway I think I'll just order an extra and give it a shot! If anyone has tried this already or has any insight or thoughts on this I would be curious to hear about it. BTW I realize the image attached is an anycubic photon mobo but I couldn't find anything on the Mars hence this post lol

I have tried with one already and it did not work unfortunately.  It pulled an ip address, but chitubox didnt see it as a valid printer. My guess is that its using a cbd branded fw on the module.
(09-02-2019, 02:48 AM)admin Wrote:
(08-31-2019, 01:41 AM)Matman Wrote: Here's a fun question! So I ran through this setup yesterday ( everything's working great) and I noticed you can toggle between lan and Wi-Fi in the settings. So I was wondering if we now drop a esp8266-01 on the board if it will be supported? I was planning on getting an esp01 for another project anyway I think I'll just order an extra and give it a shot! If anyone has tried this already or has any insight or thoughts on this I would be curious to hear about it. BTW I realize the image attached is an anycubic photon mobo but I couldn't find anything on the Mars hence this post lol

I have tried with one already and it did not work unfortunately.  It pulled an ip address, but chitubox didnt see it as a valid printer. My guess is that its using a cbd branded fw on the module.
well dang that sucks! thanks for the info already ordered them so i guess i'll give it a little tinkering and see what i can come up with.
Elegoo Mars
Elegoo resin (white, black, grey )
Siraya tech ( tenacious, blue, easy orange)
They usually come with a standard AT command firmware and while you can then run AT commands to put them in client bridge mode and connect to the network, the standard AT command fw may not be communicating with how the board needs to parse data comm.

You can order the cmd version of the modules, but from overseas.
I found some useful information here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2798147

The printer seams to use AT commands compatible with the default AT firmware of the ESPs, but it doesn't send all needed ones:
1. AT+CWMODE to set client and/or AP mode
2. AT+CIPMUX to enable multi connection mode (needed because the way it uses AT+CIPSTART later to open the UDP connection)

The first can be solved easily by once setting a default via AT+CWMODE_DEF.
But the second one is harder. I managed to compile a modified version of the AT firmware where it is set automatically at startup which was somewhat successful, but I got stuck because the module loses WIFI connection shortly after AT+CIPSTART. Maybe it is a bit overstrained...

Well, and the very high baud rate of 2.250.000 makes the debugging a bit complicated.
Have you tried with wifi uart wifi-passthrough enabled?
(09-04-2019, 12:23 AM)admin Wrote: Have you tried with wifi uart wifi-passthrough enabled?

I'm not sure if I know what you mean... AT+CIPMODE=1 or something else? (I haven't yet seen that comand comming from the printer)