Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food Safe Resin
Does anyone know if there are any food safe resins on the way? or if there are any currently?
(11-01-2019, 12:47 PM)punkerkin Wrote: Does anyone know if there are any food safe resins on the way? or if there are any currently?

Very good question.

I am planning on making some fish tank decoration and so it would be nice, if there is any foodsafe resin available.

At the moment I am testing with the Elegoo Rook if sth will dissolve... in Water, in Ethanol, in Ligroin, in Aceton and in Air...So maybe around the new year will I know more!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

... your "Bild" didn't show -- maybe too big?

If curing the resin completely, it's mainly "plastic" - so eventual problems are focussed on the additives and dyes ... big problems to get the complete formulas!!

Viktor
(11-18-2019, 10:36 AM)VDX Wrote: ... your "Bild" didn't show -- maybe too big?

If curing the resin completely, it's mainly "plastic" - so eventual problems are focussed on the additives and dyes ... big problems to get the complete formulas!!

Viktor

I hope it now works as I found out how to post an attachment! Yesterday I tried a Link to an Imagehoster... seems like it didn't work.

Yea, mainly not watersoluble... but, if anything goes into my fishtank, I have to be sure it won't kill my fish. If someone doesn't want to provide the information, I will be a good chinese and get it anyways...

We will see if I trust this cured clear resin to be put into my fishtanks... maybe around the new year or so on!
... good luck!

Viktor
(11-01-2019, 12:47 PM)punkerkin Wrote: Does anyone know if there are any food safe resins on the way? or if there are any currently?
It's probably unlikely that any are food-safe, but there are plant-based resins that made with soybean oil.  While it might still not meet the definition of food-safe, its probably a step in the right direction.
How about dental resins - expensive but must be food safe surely?