Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommended Clear Coat
I'm planning on doing some prints using the Elegoo Transparent resin (and white). I understand these really need a UV blocking clear coat to protect them against over curing and yellowing. Does anyone have a particular clear coat they would recommend for this?

I'm in the UK so ideally it would need to be something I can find easily here.
(07-23-2019, 02:44 AM)GBee Wrote: I'm planning on doing some prints using the Elegoo Transparent resin (and white). I understand these really need a UV blocking clear coat to protect them against over curing and yellowing. Does anyone have a particular clear coat they would recommend for this?

I'm in the UK so ideally it would need to be something I can find easily here.

I have the same problem.  What the internet told me 

- Mr. Hobby Mr Super Clean UV Cut
- Krylon® UV-Resistant Gloss Clear Coating

All very much available at Amazon

Regards

Benny
Thanks Benny, I'll looked at both these on different but wanted to get some advice before I pulled the trigger. I'll give the Mr. Hobby stuff a try!
(07-24-2019, 02:15 PM)GBee Wrote: Thanks Benny, I'll looked at both these on different but wanted to get some advice before I pulled the trigger. I'll give the Mr. Hobby stuff a try!

Would it be possible for you to print two identical parts an spray one with that UV blocking and the other not to put them onto your windowplate to see how much it helps?

The Problem with clear resin getting yellow/brown is that there is a flame retardant that looses Bromine when exposed to too much UV-Light. And this flame retardants are required in the EU! Maybe you can get resin without that flame retardants, but it's not allowed to bring them to the EU due to safety concerns. It's a pity!
... I have some "clear" resin from our first experiments 10+years ago, which is still usable after 10 years and something "yellowish" -- could be, no flame  retardands included Wink

Viktor