Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Mars Firmware Release - V4.2.19_LCDM /1440x2560 /F2.7
the v4.3.2 is for the "newer" machines - motherboard without network connection - and is not distributed by Elegoo
(05-02-2020, 03:25 AM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: the v4.3.2 is for the "newer" machines - motherboard without network connection - and is not distributed by Elegoo
Thats fair enough I'm still new to this but mine is an original genuine elegy mars Smile great printers to for the price
(05-02-2020, 03:25 AM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: the v4.3.2 is for the "newer" machines - motherboard without network connection - and is not distributed by Elegoo

Soooo. Where can you find Pro updates please? Wink many thanks.
I upgraded firmware to 4.3.4 based on the link in the forum and I want to go back to the prior release because I'm having weird printing issues now (I home the build plate, start printing and I hear a grinding noise as if the motor is trying to move the build plate below home).  I did not do this before the firmware upgrade.

Downloading 4.2.19_1 says I have to apply one patch or another based on my batch number (or something) on the bottom of the printer.  Trouble is whats under my printer doesn't match either of the batches in the release note.  It says: M1720191202 C

Any thoughts?

Thanks
I hear a grinding noise

I presume you reset the Z offset on redoing home? Firmware will have wiped it.
(07-17-2020, 02:04 PM)TheGadge Wrote: I hear a grinding noise

I thought Z offset was set by doing the home the plate method (with a piece of paper) no?  On the regular Mars you cant manually set Z=0??

Sorry for being dense here...
Thanks
(07-17-2020, 02:09 PM)Hywel Wrote:

I thought Z offset was set by doing the home the plate method (with a piece of paper) no?  On the regular Mars you cant manually set Z=0??

Thanks

you’re not being dense lol. I’m pretty new to mars too, but 4 years on fdm. It’s a classic with those that you need to reset ‘home’ when you upgrade firmware. So try that and see if the grinding has gone. 
(07-17-2020, 02:12 PM)TheGadge Wrote:

Thanks

you’re not being dense lol. I’m pretty new to mars too, but 4 years on fdm. It’s a classic with those that you need to reset ‘home’ when you upgrade firmware. So try that and see if the grinding has gone. 
Ah!  Well I did do that - multiple times now to level the build plate on 1, 2 and 3 pieces of paper.  It always levels/homes perfectly, but then when I print it does this wierd grind thing.  Just to make this extra weird, it only happens on SOME prints, not all.  I thought it was an issue with the new Chitubox slicer and went back to my older version but that was a red herring it'd seem.  Thanks for the suggestions!
(07-17-2020, 02:18 PM)Hywel Wrote:

Thanks

Ah!  Well I did do that - multiple times now to level the build plate on 1, 2 and 3 pieces of paper.  It always levels/homes perfectly, but then when I print it does this wierd grind thing.  Just to make this extra weird, it only happens on SOME prints, not all.  I thought it was an issue with the new Chitubox slicer and went back to my older version but that was a red herring it'd seem.  Thanks for the suggestions!

no worries. So, just to be clear, after homing, you can’t come back out of the ‘manual’ screen and click z=0 on the screen top right then?? I have that on my mars pro but I’m away from it at the mo.
(07-17-2020, 02:21 PM)TheGadge Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 02:18 PM)Hywel Wrote:

Thanks

no worries. So, just to be clear, after homing, you can’t come back out of the ‘manual’ screen and click z=0 on the screen top right then?? I have that on my mars pro but I’m away from it at the mo.
That button is on the regular Mars but is disabled so it’s not user changeable.