Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UV-LED upgrade?
Has anyone tried upgrading the UV-LED yet, or has anyone taken a closer look at the stock LED as in what kind of dimensions it has?

I would love to upgrade the LED setup since it could reduce curing time per layer by a few seconds each.
I have yet to take my Mars apart but any insight on what kind of LED or Mosfet is powering the LED would be greatly appreciated before i start tinkering on my own!
I have already found an LED that might fit the bill for a 50W or even 100W upgrade on aliexpress since those LED modules are likely standardized:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33046362...4c4dVeFmli

Since all the modules from 20W upwards have the same supply voltage a simple swap out might even be possible if the on board mosfet is up to the task!

What do you guys think?
I was wondering same thing...hopefully someone has and comes along. 
H
a
t
upgrading the UV-LED yet, or has anyone taken a closer look at the stock LED as in what kind of dimensions it has?
I would love to upgrade the LED setup since it could reduce curing time per layer by a few seconds each.
I have yet to take my Mars apart but any insight on what kind of LED or Mosfet is powering the LED would be greatly appreciated before i start tinkering on my own!
I have already found an LED that might fit the bill for a 50W or even 100W upgrade on aliexpress since those LED modules are likely standardized:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33046362...4c4dVeFmli

Since all the modules from 20W upwards have the same supply voltage a simple swap out might even be possible if the on board mosfet is up to the task!

What do you guys think?
... have some high-power LED's with 9Watts or 100Watts @405nm with different voltages (6v or 19V) and much more needed power (21A and 9A), than the driver can support.

Have plans to build a DLP-beamer setup with variable "image"-sizes -- the "bigger" area up to 300x200mm, the "smaller" down to 30x20mm, what's then reducing the pixel size or resolution accordingly too.

Here some of the smaller parts, printed with the Elegoo Mars:

And here more in detail:

With the bigger area the "rip-off" force would be a problem -- but for this we've developed a different releasing methode with "gravity-releasing" some years ago Wink

Viktor
Hi... I found a spending UV light coincidentally which appears to have an UV Cree XP-? in it. Ordinarily I'm not into spending lights where you don't have the foggiest idea what organization they are originating from with most phony electric lamp maker "....fire" names. You can locate the light on Fasttech and here is a little audit with an away from of the drove. Indeed, even on the shops site you can obviously observe that is a type of Cree XP-?. I simply requested one and can compose a little survey on here when I get it. I think purchasing the light is even worth in the event that you just need the producer as I don't perceive any modest wellspring of value UV LEDs.

pcb design for manufacturing checklist
It should be understood that increasing the output of the LEDs will affect the already short lifespan of the LCD--most likely in an equal but inverse proportion. This is almost certainly one of the design compromises/"trade-offs" the OEM engineers dealt with...
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com