Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Z Axis Height Calibration
Hi

I receive my mars last 2 day  and i have problem with height, many object are too minus height

I have printed the cube 20mm and mesurement with micrometer

Width is: 20.24mm
Depth: 20.19mm
Height is 18.73mm

Is very strange that the final print is under 1.27mm for height

Temperature of use: 20°
Resin: Elegoo Grey

https://imgur.com/a/G6FC8tp
[Image: G6FC8tp]
(11-03-2019, 04:15 AM)OscarW Wrote: Is very strange that the final print is under 1.27mm for height
Hello,

We have same problem
1.27mm for you, 1.10 for me
I search for 2 weeks, can't find a good way
the best result I get is to put a wedge between the arm holder and the top of the Z-axis to delete the mechanical game
so from 1.10 mm I get 0.3 mm, but not perfect with layers of 0.05mm, that 's 6 missed layers
good luck
The problem is mechanic and describe in this blog

https://blog.honzamrazek.cz/2019/09/test...t-finally/
(11-03-2019, 08:10 AM)OscarW Wrote: The problem is mechanic and describe in this blog

https://blog.honzamrazek.cz/2019/09/test...t-finally/
Yes, you are all correct!
The problem is mechanic.
You can get in contact with elegoo here https://www.elegoo.com/contact-us/

The workaround I described on page two here works pretty well.
Make the "set-zero-button" work as described with the machine-settings-gcode which is linked there
and remove G28Z0 from the gcode section in chitubox. For that you need
to go into the Chitubox installation folder and modify in the elegomars settings "gcode visible" from 0 to 1
Then use the level button and go DOWN for two more milimeters (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3911297 could be of help), fasten your plate only then.
Move one milimeter up and then in 0,1steps down again until the plate barely grips the paper. Set zero.

My parts ever since are spot on!
My Friend receive a elegoo mars and i print the cube  20mm, same problem, the height is 18,86mm, width and depth 20.18m

I have unlock set z=0  and define a news Z and i print other cube 20mm, the problem is solutioned
What do you do when the correct you made is slightly more? My cube came out 20.04 ... do you adjust the already changed number? Or do you change the 0 by... 0.4? How would you solve this further dependency.
(11-07-2019, 08:14 PM)bennymcl Wrote: What do you do when the correct you made is slightly more? My cube came out 20.04 ... do you adjust the already changed number? Or do you change the 0 by... 0.4? How would you solve this further dependency.
The adjustment should be to the already changed number as that is your new zero.  As for dependency, I assume you mean that your first adjustment overshot the target.  You might assume your first measurement was in error or you might average the results and change the zero by 0.02 instead of 0.04.  If your build plate is not perfectly level, the thickness will be influenced by location of the cube on the build plate, and the thickness may vary across the width of the cube.
(11-08-2019, 07:19 AM)PolkCountyMike Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 08:14 PM)bennymcl Wrote: What do you do when the correct you made is slightly more? My cube came out 20.04 ... do you adjust the already changed number? Or do you change the 0 by... 0.4? How would you solve this further dependency.
The adjustment should be to the already changed number as that is your new zero.  As for dependency, I assume you mean that your first adjustment overshot the target.  You might assume your first measurement was in error or you might average the results and change the zero by 0.02 instead of 0.04.  If your build plate is not perfectly level, the thickness will be influenced by location of the cube on the build plate, and the thickness may vary across the width of the cube.

So if I change the file to Z-1.16 at the start, but I overshot by .04, would I change the file to Z-1.12 or would I change the file to Z0.4 (to compensate?) ... how would I reset it back to default Z-axis?
Thanks!
(11-08-2019, 07:50 AM)bennymcl Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 07:19 AM)PolkCountyMike Wrote:

So if I change the file to Z-1.16 at the start, but I overshot by .04, would I change the file to Z-1.12 or would I change the file to Z0.4 (to compensate?) ... how would I reset it back to default Z-axis?
Thanks!
Based on these numbers, you should change it to Z-1.12.  It is the same as saying instead of 1.16 mm short, your original cube was only 1.12 mm short.  I haven't done it, but to go back to the default you should be able to replace Z-1.16 with Z0 or just rerun your original gcode file before it was modified.
So I am sooo confused. There seems to be mutliple ndifferent processes to fix things on a mechanical and a software level. How do you tell which problem.younhabe if any at all and which process to use. I also don't understand any of the processes. People keep saying home is not 0 but z is 0 or vice versa. Then folks are saying need to hit the level plate button then move up a couple mm??? This would seem to leave plate above fep as far as I am mis understanding. Can someone please help or am I too beyond lost to help?