Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elegoo Mars produces (almost) only failed prints
Sad 
I tried now a dozen of prints with my new Elegoo Mars, but allmost all failed.
My third try to print the "Rook" from the USB sticks was kind of sucesfull, it had only some defects on the top, but otherwise okay. But this was the one and only time that this machine produced something which was recognizable as a 3d-print, everything else resulted only in liquid resin in the VAT and a few layers on the buildplate (if i was lucky).

I cleaned and leveled the bed severall times, i used the test print from the usb-stick as also some files i sliced with ChituBox, but all failed.
After each failed print, i filtered the resin at refilled into the bottle, i cleaned the VAT&Bad with 99% Alcohol, re-leveled the bed and filled in the (Elegoo) Resin again. I tried with two different Elegoo resins (red and yellow).

Usually there was after a failed print a thin layer of cured resin on the printbed as also on the VAT. But in the last try there was absolutly nothing cured on the bed or on the film in the VAT.
I then noticed that after the last print try, the UV-LCD was not as bright as it was before and also if i select the LCD test option, no black rectangle was visible in the top/UV LCD.
I switched then power off/on on the printer again and then UV-LCD display seems to work normal again, at least it was brighter and the black test-rectangle was visible again.

But i am totaly frustrated with the Elegoo Mars, i am not sure if am doing something wrong or if the device is faulty. I never had such problems getting a new printer running (okay, my other machines are all FDM printers, but anyway...)

Firmware version is: V4.3.1_LCDF/1440x2560 / F2.12 , which is newer then the "latest" firmware i can find on the Elegoo website for this printer. Strange...
Is maybe this firmware buggy? Is it possible to downgrade the machine to a older firmware?

is there anything else to try? Othweise i return the device back to the seller and stick (for now) with FDM printing. Big Grin
The same thing here.

I can not print anything.

I tried several options and differnet methods but nothing.

Thank you,
Antonio Sviben
Same here. 
I get nothing but pucks and only one half a build plate that sticks to anything (then falls off when I start getting hopeful).
Quote:I tried with two different Elegoo resins (red and yellow).
Some resins (specifically Elegoo Maroon Red) require considerably longer exposure times, some comments say upto 15 seconds!

First layers are usually printed with much higher exposure (60 seconds), so that's why they generally stick better. After that, layers might gradually stop sticking, as the exposure is lower.

The technology behind the printer is really rather simple. I doubt a firmware bug would result in something like this. If you're doubtful about exposure times, you can see UV light under the printer, and measure how long it stays on.

As for adhesion, you will always have occasional issues with it, I'm afraid. I had issues with one edge too, but that was cured by leveling the build platform.