Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elegoo prints on FEP only
Hi all,

New to the forum.  Obtained an Elegoo mars printer and am having some issues.  Did the self test on the machine and did see the rectangle UV on the screen, tray cleaned and filled with elegoo blue resin from amazon.  Leveled the print platform 2x.  Did a trial of the rooks and a bottom base circle is created about 1 cm high (2x circular wafers) stuck on the fep.  once the machine comletes at 100%, this occurs for rooks and for anything else i attempt to print, the base of the object is printed and stuck on the fep at approx 1cm high and thats it.  

1.  adjusted printing plate 2x as instructed on you tube and in the manual and tighted both alan key bolts 
2. fep tray is cleaned

Tried with supports for the hell of it, and same problem occurs.

Any ideas as to what to try next?  Is it the resin?  it is brand new from amazon.  Its the blue elegoo resin.  If its the resin/print settings and anyone has success using this resin, please share your settings and I will compare with what I have.   If anyone can share every screen of their settings, that would be helpful as well.

Nothing is ever stuck on the printing plate for some reason even when calibrate without an A4 paper just to make sure the printing plate is flushed with the bottom of the device...

Does this need to be reset somehow (firmware/software)?  Also, I am slicing via ubuntu O/S.  Chitubox is installed in linux, unsure if this is an issue or would slicing it in windows be more successful?  I don't know.  The chitubox had an option to download the software for linux..  at this point, willing to try whatever it takes.

Read that having it at 45 degrees may help, is this the object in chitubox?  rather then being flat in the 3d environment, does it need to be angled at 45 degrees and supports added?  unsure if this is what they meant, but willing to try this as well if this is what they meant.  

all suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks
... you should rise the curing timer per slice and (if not done already) set the support type to "heavy" ...

Viktor