Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware Update Issue
Hi,

I'm having trouble updating the firmware on my brand new Mars. I've followed all the instructions and watched a couple of videos but still no luck.

I've copied just the update.LCD file and the "B" bin file (I have an M11) to a blank, newly reformatted USB stick. It does NOT auto update when I boot up like I've seen on others' videos and when I try to print the lcd file, I just get an "unknown file format error". I got the files straight from the GitHub site, so I'm not sure what's going on. I've also tried a different USB stick including the one that it came with.

Any ideas?
(11-11-2019, 05:56 AM)Travi Wrote: Hi,

I'm having trouble updating the firmware on my brand new Mars. I've followed all the instructions and watched a couple of videos but still no luck.

I've copied just the update.LCD file and the "B" bin file (I have an M11) to a blank, newly reformatted USB stick. It does NOT auto update when I boot up like I've seen on others' videos and when I try to print the lcd file, I just get an "unknown file format error". I got the files straight from the GitHub site, so I'm not sure what's going on. I've also tried a different USB stick including the one that it came with.

Any ideas?
The latest firmware out there for download seems to be the v4.2.20.3
Looks like the newer models already running on v4.3.1 or something like that.
I would be very surprised your M11 Model really needs an upgrade.
And I am pretty sure you do not want to make a downgrade, are you?
(11-11-2019, 07:35 AM)Blackbird2016 Wrote:

Any ideas?
The latest firmware out there for download seems to be the v4.2.20.3
Looks like the newer models already running on v4.3.1 or something like that.
I would be very surprised your M11 Model really needs an upgrade.
And I am pretty sure you do not want to make a downgrade, are you?

I thought the latest LCD version was 2.7 or 2.9? Or does that not need to be updated as well? Mine is 2.12.

Any ideas?

Were you able to find a solution to this problem? I'm having the same issue on my Saturn