Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the advice on how to add resin during a print?
Can I just move the lid aside and pour some in, or should I pause the print and do it?

And what about the inevitable bubbles created by shaking the resin bottle - should i wait until they have gone before I resume the print?  Will the length of time paused affect the print?

Thanks.

Colin.
(11-11-2019, 01:46 PM)Colin Wrote: Can I just move the lid aside and pour some in, or should I pause the print and do it?

And what about the inevitable bubbles created by shaking the resin bottle - should i wait until they have gone before I resume the print?  Will the length of time paused affect the print?

Thanks.

Colin.

Yes, I did it all the time. When I have to fill in some more resin, I take off the Lid and pour as much as wanted into the vat.

I have no problems with the bubbles, most of them get out of the way when the plate comes down. But you are right, they may make your print a little bit imperfect. You can see the bubbles after printing...

But recently I found this nice thing, maybe this is also sth. for you: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3777796

„Jump from planes!“ Some ask me: „Why?“
Yet words convey such weak reply.
Amongst the clouds in big blue sky,
the only place true answers lie.

Thomas *1980  +not today