Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stronger Resin
Hi, I just want to ask what will I mix with my elegoo resin to make it stronger.
Also in what ratio.
Elegoo resins are too brittle for me.
The kids drop the print, and it shatters.

I have heard of Monocure Flex100 and Siraya Blue. 
But maybe there are other better alternatives.
I want to print any thing with it if you ask where will I use it. 
From minis, busts, dragons, tanks that can fill the whole build plate.

I'd like the cheapest and less stinky one  Cool

Thanks in advanced.
I'm currently testing Anycubic Grey (they were out of Elegoo Grey) with 20% Siraya Blu. The one print I did seemed slightly tougher than straight grey which is super brittle. Printing some other things now to see how they turn out. Siraya Blu says it's a stronger resin but wondering if I needed a more flexable resin instead to give it the ability to flex without snapping.
I've seen also that people are using the Siraya Tenacious (flex) with good results, but it's out of stock on amazon.
I've tried the flex and like it. No real testing aside from it's more flexible and doesn't shatter like Elegoo Grey.

I'm printing small D&D figures and the grey was too brittle, I just didn't have confidence it wouldn't break in normal use.

I have this on order, "Fast (1kg) Affordable Fast Curing Non-Brittle 3D Printing Resin (Grey) by Siraya Tech". the non-brittle caught my eye. I'll report my results with it after some printing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VBM...UTF8&psc=1

The Tenacious flex is expensive at $65 and this "non-brittle" resin is $39 so if it's more resistant to breaking it may be my go-to for printing.
(08-21-2019, 07:08 AM)Hextra Wrote: I've tried the flex and like it. No real testing aside from it's more flexible and doesn't shatter like Elegoo Grey.

I'm printing small D&D figures and the grey was too brittle, I just didn't have confidence it wouldn't break in normal use.

I have this on order, "Fast (1kg) Affordable Fast Curing Non-Brittle 3D Printing Resin (Grey) by Siraya Tech". the non-brittle caught my eye. I'll report my results with it after some printing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VBM...UTF8&psc=1

The Tenacious flex is expensive at $65 and this "non-brittle" resin is $39 so if it's more resistant to breaking it may be my go-to for printing.

Is that price per liter or half liter?
I add 10% flexible into my normal elegoo resin, and it gets slightly flexible,
much more stronge and you can drop all types of items from 3-6 feets and not more shatters.
OZ2CPU Thomas Scherrer Denmark webx.dk
Thingiverse : OZ2CPU  Youtube : Thomas Scherrer
3D printers : Elegoo Mars and Creality CR10S PRO
Is it possible to add chopped fiberglass or carbon fiber (things that can be added to castable resins like polyester and epoxy) to strengthen photocurable resins?
I use Siraya Blu for my 1/64 scale slot car bodies. They can take a crash at full speed into a wood retainer wall without damage. Here's a slow-motion video of crash testing the Blu resin.

https://youtu.be/yYVl_tZTI9U

I also have added both Siraya Tenacious and Blu to their Fast and Sculpt resins. About 20% Tenacious to 80% Fast or Sculpt which helps to make small figures quite a bit less fragile. Fast and Sculpt print beautifully, but by themselves are still too brittle if dropped from much of a height.