Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Mean Green alternatives in EU/Germany?
I'm having a really hard time trying to find Mean Green alternative anywhere in Europe.

I did buy all purpose cleaner (which Mean Green is supposed to be), but it seems like it's not doing much (I've tried it with ultrasonic bath).
I've also seen people using Mr. Clean, which is called Meister Proper here in Germany. However, the one in US seems to have a different formula than in Europe, so I don't want to waste money again. In fact, all general purpose cleaners that I've looked at seem to pretty much contain identical ingredients, with slight differences (I assume that's just for different scents).

So, has anyone found a good cleaner that's readily available in Europe and works similar to Mean Green?
(12-14-2019, 03:54 AM)hobbyhoarder Wrote: So, has anyone found a good cleaner that's readily available in Europe and works similar to Mean Green?
No I did not.
Having tested the "Mr. Proper" myself in an ultrasonic bath I learned that most of the prints, especially the clear ones got cracks after the bath in water.
I got me a magnetic stirrer for a few bucks at the big A and a 2 Liter plastic bucket with lid. (some kind of lock&lock)
I also do not use IPA anymore just the common ethanol-alcohol "spiritus".
I just rinse my prints still on the plate with a spray-flask and let it bath some 15 minutes in the stirrer. Perfect results.
(12-14-2019, 09:22 AM)Blackbird2016 Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 03:54 AM)hobbyhoarder Wrote: So, has anyone found a good cleaner that's readily available in Europe and works similar to Mean Green?
No I did not.
Having tested the "Mr. Proper" myself in an ultrasonic bath I learned that most of the prints, especially the clear ones got cracks after the bath in water.
I got me a magnetic stirrer for a few bucks at the big A and a 2 Liter plastic bucket with lid. (some kind of lock&lock)
I also do not use IPA anymore just the common ethanol-alcohol "spiritus".
I just rinse my prints still on the plate with a spray-flask and let it bath some 15 minutes in the stirrer. Perfect results.

Thanks for the info, really appreciate it.

Since posting this, I've tried out the method where you pour a bit of ethanol in a small bag, put the object inside, and then place the bag inside ultrasonic cleaner filled with water. I've tried it for a few minutes and it really works great. What I really like about the method is that you don't have to use a lot of ethanol and you can still use the cleaner for everything else, like watches or jewelry, because all the resin stays inside the bag.