Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanhao Water Washable resin
Has anyone tried the Wanhao Water Washable resin?
It is a little more expensive than standard resin, but that is outweighed by savings by avoiding IPA.
I have looked on both Google and Youtube for reviews, but found almost nothing.
It seems like a good product that would avoid most of the hassles with cleaning.
But noboby seems to use it. 
So I wonder what the problems are with the product.
You might want to check this video out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnGasVwkgMk He goes over some alternatives to IPA that are less expensive and actually work better.

g.
(08-05-2019, 05:04 AM)PrebenGH Wrote: So I wonder what the problems are with the product.

I guess it is the price.  Who spends €45 on only 500ml? That’s normally the price for 1 liter.
(08-06-2019, 07:45 AM)f15sim Wrote: You might want to check this video out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnGasVwkgMk  He goes over some alternatives to IPA that are less expensive and actually work better.

g.

Yes, I have seen that video a couple of times. Unfortunately the best product, Mean Green, is unavailable in Europe.
There are a lot of threads in the Facebook Elegoo group of alternative cleaners available in Europe, but none with a reasonable positive conclusion/outcome.
(08-06-2019, 09:37 AM)bennydesign Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 05:04 AM)PrebenGH Wrote: So I wonder what the problems are with the product.

I guess it is the price.  Who spends €45 on only 500ml? That’s normally the price for 1 liter.

Yes, it is more expensive. I have found it in England at 72 Euros for 1000 ml. But I would probably save around 10 Euros in IPA, and all the hassle with cleaning would be eliminated.
Anycubic has decided not to make a water washable resin at this time due to concerns that it would be just washed down the drain and therefore possible toxic chemicals ending up in the drain.
I have used the Elegoo water solubble resin and highly recommend it.
Prints great detail, does actually clean up with only water.
Smell isnt too offensive.

Cheers
Mac
I have used it a lot , only problems ive has is user lol.