Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ChiTuBox crashes when editing supports
I am using the new version and I have found not every time when i go in and try to edit a support by grabbing it and trying to move it crashes. I lose work way too often i wish there was a save option to use when in the support section. i find I have to go back to main menu to save and then come back into the support section and work on it. it is kind of a pain in the A Cause I know it will crash when I try to edit a support. have not had a problem with it crashing any other time.
(12-29-2019, 11:01 PM)tomsfoolery Wrote: I am using the new version and I have found not every time when i go in and try to edit a support by grabbing it and trying to move it crashes. I lose work way too often i wish there was a save option to use when in the support section. i find I have to go back to main menu to save and then come back into the support section and work on it. it is kind of a pain in the A Cause I know it will crash when I try to edit a support. have not had a problem with it crashing any other time.

I've been having the same problem today too where I had 7 objects on the plate at one time, Chitubox would just crash and close when I edited supports. Not every single time - just randomly (and frequently) enough to be annoying. 

Playing around with the files, I was able to edit the supports on the same object with no issues as long as it was the only one on the plate, which makes me think it's probably a memory issue.  I'm going to play around with some settings to see if it makes a difference but thought I'd mention what I'm looking at in the meantime in case your issue is due to the same reason Smile
(12-30-2019, 10:38 AM)faceinvader Wrote:
(12-29-2019, 11:01 PM)tomsfoolery Wrote: I am using the new version and I have found not every time when i go in and try to edit a support by grabbing it and trying to move it crashes. I lose work way too often i wish there was a save option to use when in the support section. i find I have to go back to main menu to save and then come back into the support section and work on it. it is kind of a pain in the A Cause I know it will crash when I try to edit a support. have not had a problem with it crashing any other time.

I've been having the same problem today too where I had 7 objects on the plate at one time, Chitubox would just crash and close when I edited supports. Not every single time - just randomly (and frequently) enough to be annoying. 

Playing around with the files, I was able to edit the supports on the same object with no issues as long as it was the only one on the plate, which makes me think it's probably a memory issue.  I'm going to play around with some settings to see if it makes a difference but thought I'd mention what I'm looking at in the meantime in case your issue is due to the same reason Smile

Mine has always been on the plate lately,and I know my computer has a large amount of memory whether it is a software memory could be. I just wish they made a way to save your project while you are in support mode. I could be wrong but I only see save project when you are in the main page.