Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FAN just stopped while printing ?? problem ?
I am always arrond while it prints,
so i know this never happened before,
but just now the FAN stopped while printing, just after the raft part,
total silence, that is nice, 
should I abort the print ?
will it melt down and blow up ?
or is this just normal ?
anyone else noted this ?
OZ2CPU Thomas Scherrer Denmark webx.dk
Thingiverse : OZ2CPU  Youtube : Thomas Scherrer
3D printers : Elegoo Mars and Creality CR10S PRO
Latest news : I got answer from support, this is NOT normal..
just to let you know.
more news, just saw it again,
now took video to document it

https://youtu.be/IVWcqW4g4Tc
UPDATE: it is now the 3nd time this happens, and i am arround to see it. maybe it happens more often, but I am not always near it. odd and clearly not the intention.
it is NOT the fan, it was replaced, i added an external LED and series resistor to the fan signal, so i could see if it was the fan or power to the fan that stopped..
it is the power to the fan that just goes away sometimes, restarting the SAME file many times, do not make it happen again,
it is just a compleetly random thing this printer do.. System ChiTu L 5.5 Series Version V4.3.1_LCDF
So this is clearly a software bug ! and with the fan turned OFF, while printing, the temperature of UV and screen is running fast up and up !!
maybe this is why so many complain about screen malfunctions ?
(04-10-2020, 11:12 AM)OZ2CPU Thomas Scherrer Wrote: UPDATE: it is now the 3nd time this happens, and i am arround to see it. maybe it happens more often, but I am not always near it. odd and clearly not the intention.
it is NOT the fan, it was replaced, i added an external LED and series resistor to the fan signal, so i could see if it was the fan or power to the fan that stopped..
it is the power to the fan that just goes away sometimes, restarting the SAME file many times, do not make it happen again,
it is just a compleetly random thing this printer do.. System ChiTu L 5.5 Series Version V4.3.1_LCDF
So this is clearly a software bug ! and with the fan turned OFF, while printing, the temperature of UV and screen is running fast up and up !!
maybe this is why so many complain about screen malfunctions ?

Hi,

I'm also noticing this on my Saturn, same firmware same symptoms - did you manage to get it solved? If so, how?

Many thanks!