Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCD screen came off
Hello all,
  Still pretty much a noobie here with my printer. I printed today and the resin vat seemed stuck. Turns out it had some kind of super suction between the bottom of the FEP film and the top of the LCD screen. I didn't know this was the case and when I pulled the vat out, it pulled the LCD screen completely off the machine and was stuck to the bottom of the vat film!

There is a flat ribbon cable coming from inside the machine up and out a slot on the left side of where the LCD was. Is this ruined or can I plug the flat cable back into the LCD?

How do I prevent this from happening in the future?

I've been using RainX on the FEP film INSIDE the resin vat, but not on the bottom surface of the film. Should I?

Any help or comments on this would be appreciated.
Good news, everyone!

If you did break the LCD, official replacement part is only 20 euros on amazon!

Did I understand correctly, did the cable become unplugged from the "LCD side"? Doesn't look like there's a connector at all (and the cable goes directly "inside" the display)

If you meant the other end, sure. It's on a connector, that the cable is directly pushed on. Might still be broken. (hopefully not the board side connector...)

The first step would be to open the bottom part, as you absolutely can NOT connect the cable otherwise. So no point risking damaging it further by trying to pull it out or such.

Take a look at the official display replacement video for instructions on how to open your machine. Also note that the instructions are slightly different for different models.

... yes, a (replacement) display was the first part I've ordered after the mars arrived Wink

Viktor
Thanks! I contacted customer support and they are sending a replacement.
They were very responsive and easy to deal with. I am impressed!

The cable came out of the side of the screen. I haven't taken it apart, but the cable that snakes down into the body of the machine is still connected down in there somewhere.