Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues
Good afternoon guys, so I got my mars for Christmas and so far I've been unable to print anything, I've levelled the build plate with and without the resin vat present, tried different settings and different files, I've ran the exposure test, I'm not getting failed prints, it's simply not printing anything, anyone here have any guidance for me?
Thanks in advance
(12-30-2019, 05:23 AM)Inky Wrote: Good afternoon guys, so I got my mars for Christmas and so far I've been unable to print anything, I've levelled the build plate with and without the resin vat present, tried different settings and different files, I've ran the exposure test, I'm not getting failed prints, it's simply not printing anything, anyone here have any guidance for me?
Thanks in advance

hi there,

what kind of resin do you use? and are the slicer settings right for that?
Did you try the example - Rook - from the SD-card?
(12-30-2019, 05:23 AM)Inky Wrote: Good afternoon guys, so I got my mars for Christmas and so far I've been unable to print anything, I've levelled the build plate with and without the resin vat present, tried different settings and different files, I've ran the exposure test, I'm not getting failed prints, it's simply not printing anything, anyone here have any guidance for me?
Thanks in advance
Perhaps your first print failed to get stuck on the build platform, and it's stuck on the FEP film in resin vat instead? And blocking exposure on any further prints you're trying to do.

Either empty your resin vat with paint strainer back into the bottle (recommended), or if you're too lazy, and don't have much resin in it, tilt the vat carefully, and see if there are areas of solid resin at the bottom.

If there are, you must remove them before you try anything else. There are good tips for that here on other forum sections.

If the UV light is working, LCD lets at least part of it through, and there's resin in the vat, resin printer never "prints nothing". Hardened resin doesn't just "disappear" if it fails to get stuck to the build platform.
what exactly do you mean "not printing anything". did you set up the chitubox software by choosing "elegoo mars" as deafault machine? normaly the basic setup parameters by choosing the elegoo mars should work for the first prints... otherwise i suggest you should post some of the parameters in order to get help in the forum... best regards and good luck