Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GEEETECH Resin clear water washable
just bought a bottle of the GEEETECH clear water washable at Ama...

Print comes out very clear and shiny -- happy -- BUT, after putting it into the water for washing, it gets opaque and cloudy.

any solution or tipp, to get it "clear"?

after that i printed a little test cube without washing, just cured it after the print and it was perfect clear (like i want)

Happy New Year !
update:
here is the answer from GEEETECH about the problem:
" ... Due to the large production volume, we cannot guarantee that every bottle resin is perfect.
Here is a free code:

XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

You can use the code to buy a new resin with 0€ on Amazon. ..."

well, i will give the new bottle a second chance  Wink
update:
got the new bottle and did a test print - same behavior as the first one.
to see some differences, i printed two of the objects - one was washed in IPA and the other one in clean/distilled water.
the IPS-washed keeps bright and clear and the water washed still gets opaque and cloudy.
Thanks for sharing your experience!

One question: besides the print getting opaque and cloudy, did it at least got clean from resin? (non-sticky, sharp details,...)
yes, it got clean and not sticky. The details are sharp, like other resins (with standard IPA-processing)
i have got the same type of resin. same problem and it is getting some kind of yellow after washing it in water. told geeetech about that problem and they also sended me a code for bottle 4 free. thanks for that..
the results by washing the printed objects in ipa are much better. they dont get that kind of yellow touch.
Thank you fromFDMtoSLA. Can't find GEEETECH resin in Ama*** Spain though Undecided.