Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Z axis will not rise. (First time set up.)
Exclamation 
First off I have to say that I've submitted two emails to Elegoo Service in the past week and I have gotten no response; I also posted a reddit thread on /r/elegoomars about this issue and got some response but not much to work with.

I’ve just recently got an Elegoo Mars for Christmas. I am in the initial stages of setting it up, and I cannot get the Z axis to rise.

I was watching a video on how to set this up and I’ve noticed a few things, number one my Elegoo Mars do not come with a confirmation that it was quality control check. I don’t know if they still do this because the video is 4 months old; but it’s interesting. (https://youtu.be/3YMUh-9FokQ this is the video I’m referring to, time stamp 3:40)

The secondary thing that I find interesting, but don’t know if it’s abnormal or not, is that the oil on the Z axis spiral is like glue, it is sticky. I don’t know if this is because it’s been in my garage where temperatures have reached around 39° overnight or if it’s Elegoo’s fault.

Other than that I really don’t know of any other problems because I haven’t gotten exceptionally far. (I guess the only other complaint is that the power supply connector is very loose and so far can be tugged out with just a small tug)

I appreciate any information that you guys could give me; whether or not that is saying what I should do to personally fix it or if I should just send it back and get another one.
Did you try to rise the z axis manually by using that option in the Mars menu? Does it move? If not it should be an loose power connection to the stepper motor inside..
Hi I got a new printer for Christmas also and I had a similar issue with the Z axis although it did go up but struggled and made a horrible sound. My oil on the axis was also sticky. I think its the cold temperature of the warehouses these are store din before despatch which creates this issue. I got mine from amazon and it was a cold delivery day so I set up the printer and when I had issues raising the Z axis, I let it sit in my warm living room for several hours and tried again and what, it worked perfectly. Pit your printer in a warm place for several hours and then give it a try. FYI I also had to turn on and off the printer at the wall to get the manual axis adjust via the touchscreen to work also

Good luck