Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Build Plate Didn't Lower
I have had my Mars printer for almost 2 weeks and have had a lot of success. Most of the fail prints were due to unlevel build plate, bad supports and what I believe was a build plate with residue left on it. These have been what I consider normal errors for someone like me, a noob. However, twice now, I have started up the printer, selected my file and pressed play. The first time, I walked away to work on another build on my computer. After a few moments I noticed that the build plate was still at the top. My first thought was that I forgot to push play. But the build was already on layer 15. The plate bobbed up and down a little, but never went down. I turned off the machine, cleaned up the vat and started over. No problems.

Today, same thing happened. This time I watched it not move and go through the first layer. One thing I did notice was that when I pressed play, the touchscreen immediately show that the build would take 1h15m, which normally isn't the case. The estimated build time usually doesn't populate until after the first layer. Again I turned off the machine, cleaned out the vat and restarted my build. Everything is looking ok now.....but we will see. Anyone else have this issue? Haven't seen a thread about this yet.
i had the same behavior - in my case the platform was moving uo and down like normal print, but no "output" - at a second run its worked.
but only worked until the "T_100-error" came up and now the mainboard is dead --- see my thread about