Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frustrated First Print Issues
Exclamation 
Please help! Im familiar with PLA printing but new to Resin printing and my first print on the Mars has some issues. You can see from the photos that one of the lion's legs and the tail didnt print. This model is from the the USB drive that comes with the printer. I did have supports with this print. Could this be a calibration issue?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

just try another file... maybe its an issue with the file itself
(01-16-2020, 06:34 AM)martymarman Wrote: Please help! Im familiar with PLA printing but new to Resin printing and my first print on the Mars has some issues. You can see from the photos that one of the lion's legs and the tail didnt print. This model is from the the USB drive that comes with the printer. I did have supports with this print. Could this be a calibration issue?
I have had this same thing happen to me on a couple of my builds. I found that most of the time the issues was I used to small of supports. That tail definitely need supports and I would try giving that missing leg supports as well. Let us know if you get it to print correctly, I like the print!
what about giving the whole model an extra z-height (about 2 or 3mm). Chitu is generating a baseplate - know as "raft" for FDM-printers?
Might be easier to see the issue, if you showed a photo before removing the supports.

If you're using older (upto previous) version of Chitubox (the USB stick definitely has outdated version), you can always count on it leaving out some absolutely necessary supports, if using only auto supports. The newest version has much improved auto supports, but it still occassionally leaves out some needed supports.

Also, take a look at the model in slicer. If some parts of the model start in mid-air, those parts WILL fail, and stick to the resin vat instead. If you're lucky, they eventually get in contact with other parts of the print, and get pulled off fep film. If not, they can fail future prints, unless you scrape them off.