Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Build Platform not making contact when leveling
Last week I bought an Elegoo Mars. I love it!  I was able to print 4 models perfectly, including the test rooks.  I would level the build plate each time, following the online video instructions.  But most recently, I've been having an issue getting the platform to fully go down and make contact with the piece of paper above the LCD screen when leveling.  This means it wont make contact with the FEP film and wont print.

Here is a link to a video documenting the issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hzzzi2yifiz2g...m.mp4?dl=0

So when pressing the "move z access to zero" button, the z axis seems to stop about 3 mm ABOVE the piece of paper, it doesn't go low enough to make contact.  So when trying to print with the resin vat it never makes contact with the FEP film.

Has this happened to anyone else?  Any advice?  I contacted Elegoo but the auto response mentioned its Chinese new year so they'll be slow to get back. 

Could I put some small washers in the ball joint area of the platform, then screw tighten it so it is slightly lowered enough to make contact?  Or is that a bad idea?

-brock