Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touch Lcd fail?
first off i'll admit i purchased the printer 2nd hand from some one who gave me a nice uv curing box and extra resins he din't need.  he used it for a few months then decided he din't need it any more.   he previously had problems with the photocuring lcd and was shipped a replacement.   I picked it up two weeks ago from him.  everything worked beautiflully.  got some nice prints out of it.  today i wanted to get a jump on a new project and am greeted by this corrupt screen when i turn it on (see pic)  if i turn it off and on a few times i'll get a grey blank screen. but then if i turn it off and on again back to the corrupt screen.

is the lcd dead?

is the mainboard dead? (video issue?)

do i have anywhere to contact to try get a replacement screen?? (hell i'll buy one if it's the screen and not cost as much as the printer)

i'm stuck Sad  heelp [Image: 82859756_1458439531008878_16184736471381...e=5E8EDA9F]
update: it was the long ribbon from the main logic board to the lcd pcb. both ends needed to be re-seated.

so if you see this happen and touch seems to work and you do hear the beep it probably is the cable or lcd.

ISSUE RESOLVED.