Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bought a 2nd hand Elegoo Mars - should the USB contain anything useful?
Bought a 2nd hand Elegoo Mars - seems to be printing something simple as a test ok.

I have both an Ender 3 and a Geeetech A30 - both of these printers came with a MicroSD with manuals, software, sample files etc on them and i am a digital hoarder so immediately took a backup and it's in a suitable folder in my Google Drive 3D Printing folder.

With the Mars i got the USB which came with it, but it was blank other than for a sliced file for printing a Wolverine model. Was there anything of use on the USB when you all got yours?

I have sourced a PDF manual, and have a Youtube Playlist of things to watch through - just curious what data if any came with the printer?
what serial number does your printer have? - it's on a label on the buttom and starts with "M......"
basicly it's nothing interesting on the stick - the manual, and old version of the sclicer (chitubox) and the demo-model (Rook, as stl and presliced).
sometimes - on the old used - there are the same documents in chinese.
I'll have to look for the rook model to use it as a test print. Could anyone share those files from the sd please? 

Is there somewhere online I can check the serial number for warranty status, build date etc. Mine has the 4.3.1 lcd version
(01-31-2020, 01:46 AM)chrisconnew Wrote: I'll have to look for the rook model to use it as a test print. Could anyone share those files from the sd please? 

Is there somewhere online I can check the serial number for warranty status, build date etc. Mine has the 4.3.1 lcd version

here is the Rook from the stick - *.stl and presliced  - sorry, limited upload space, will try it via email  also not possible (?)

if the lcd says 4.3.1, you got the "new generation" (without network port on the mainboard),

for infos about warranty status you shoulde contact the Elegoo support
Where can I get that machine.gcode File that was on that USB Stick?
If it is already downloadable here in this forum, it is difficult to find...
„Jump from planes!“ Some ask me: „Why?“
Yet words convey such weak reply.
Amongst the clouds in big blue sky,
the only place true answers lie.

Thomas *1980  +not today
here is the code i got for my machine - but it's for a SN# M10xxxx
so take care, using it

Attached Files
.zip   ChiTu Mainboard SpecificationV3.0.9.zip (Size: 3 KB / Downloads: 16)
The machine parameters gcode is available directly off of their github:

https://github.com/elegoogroup/ELEGOO-Ma...ters.gcode