Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
specs for UV lights for curing resin ?
Having just got my mars printer today, I've only just discovered that it is necessary to bathe the resin model in ultraviolet light as part of the curing process. I'm trying to figure out which UV lights are best for curing, I believe that they should be in the 405nm wavelength to be effective but I don't know what the number of watts should be.

I have a couple of light boxes  (lage and small)  and turn tables (large and small) already.

For smaller 28mm resin miniatures like say warhammer sized minis I think a ladies nail varnish uv box my be of use but a larger light for the light boxes (with maybe tin foil on the inside) will be required, again, I don't know the ideal, make, model or number of watts that would be ideal to cure or even the length of time to cure under UV light.

Anyone point me in the right direction ?
3D Printer UV Resin Curing Light for SLA DLP 3D Printer Solidify Photosensitive Resin 405nm UV Resin Affect, DIY Curing Enclosue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XJZK4R6/ref...KEbMBC2EXB
20-40w is vaguely where you want to be, but it doesn't matter much: and it's a good thing too, because there is no consistency. This isn't that surprising, because most of the UV lamps are LED, so it's actually listing the "equivalent" rating, and there's a lot of variation going on.

The big thing is if you are not using a water washable resin: Submerge your parts in water during post-cure. This dramatically improves curing. It can take a print from 2 hours and failing to fully cure, to just 15 mins and being perfectly cured.