Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone tell me exactly how this guy cracked his LCD ? what exactly happened and how .
Anyone tell me exactly how this guy cracked his LCD ? what exactly happened and how to prevent it in the future ? He lowered his build plate for a second print without resetting  / aligning the build plate into the vat and the LCD
 screen cracked. But is this typical and what actually happened ? did he have debris in there and it pressed down as the plate went down ??? Can this happen if you lower the build plate too far down during the setting / alignment of the build plate with a piece of paper ??

Here is his video where he talks about breaking it but it's not 100% clear about what he did and why it broke ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZIOXkM1...e=emb_logo
this could happen, if some parts stick to the FEP - loosing supports, small parts don't match to the model - . if you print the next job without checking lost parts in the tank, your screen will break, because the buildplate is pressing zu zero-level for the first layer. special to none transparent resin, you can not see this lost parts. if i start a new print, left the resin in the tank, i use a comb to check the "clean" FEP.

hope my desciption is OK.
It is! That's it..
It's safest then to just clean out the resin tank just before every new print.
yes, it's safest. but i do many prints and it's waisting time and IPA for cleaning. so i prefer the "comb-method".
... my resin too "stays in the vat" -- I "plough" over the ground with the spatula to push residues to the edge and remove them eventually ...

Viktor
I empty the resin through a paint filter every time. Its the only safe way to print.
Takes 2 mins max.
(07-11-2020, 02:17 PM)Umpa Wrote: I empty the resin through a paint filter every time.  Its the only safe way to print.
Takes 2 mins max.

I do not, I pour it into the vat through a filter--for me a lot less hassle than juggling the tray, the resin jug, and a filter that doesn't really fit the resin jug's opening.
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com
(07-11-2020, 02:53 PM)cliffyk Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 02:17 PM)Umpa Wrote: I empty the resin through a paint filter every time.  Its the only safe way to print.
Takes 2 mins max.

I do not, I pour it into the vat through a filter--for me a lot less hassle than juggling the tray, the resin jug, and a filter that doesn't really fit the resin jug's opening.
 i use a funnel.