Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optimal Rook Height
I don't see it mentioned anywhere what a good height is for the rook. Just opening the file it defaults to 24mm which seems rather small to me. I was thinking around 45mm but wondering what's optimal for the first test?  I'm trying to get my first print right.
24mm height is the original from the USB-stick. if you like it "bigger", you can scale it. i printed the Rook first time after setting up the printer and i used the presliced (*.cbddlp) from the stick, to be shure to slice/print in the right settings.

it's also a "reference".if you get some trouble with the printer and have to contact the Elegoo-support, you can show them pictures of the "reference-print".
(02-05-2020, 12:43 AM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: 24mm height is the original from the USB-stick. if you like it "bigger", you can scale it. i printed the Rook first time after setting up the printer and i used the presliced (*.cbddlp) from the stick, to be shure to slice/print in the right settings.

it's also a "reference".if you get some trouble with the printer and have to contact the Elegoo-support, you can show them pictures of the "reference-print".
OK, I'm just surprised by that, it's height then will be barely the width of my thumb.  Most of the pictures I've seen online they are around the width of 3 fingers high in the images.
hey, you caught me ;-) i opened the stl to get the dimensions
the presliced-version is about 50mm in height
sorry for the misinformation
(02-05-2020, 10:47 AM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: hey, you caught me ;-) i opened the stl to get the dimensions
the presliced-version is about 50mm in height
sorry for the misinformation

ahh, I see. OK, so the pre-sliced sample is already 50mm. That makes more sense now. Thanks.
... I'm eventually testing the parameters by reducing the size  Cool

Viktor