Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro Has No Adjustment for the the HOME Position?
I was surprised to find that on my new Pro, when I adjusted the starting point with paper, and pressed Z=0, it did not change the HOME point. Without this feature, it is impossible to check and see if the Z=0 has been done correctly or if it has shifted. Someone on a FB forum said that there was a G-Code hack for the non-Pro version that would allow this to work. Is there a G-Code hack for the Pro?

One of the other problems that not allowing a change in the HOME position has caused was when I installed this vinyl seal:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081D4...UTF8&psc=1

This seal is just thick enough that it stalls the Z motor when pressing the HOME button. Not amusing. So it is obvious that there needs to be some way to adjust the HOME point.

Thanks for any wisdom you can share -
(02-05-2020, 09:25 AM)Quacker Wrote: I was surprised to find that on my new Pro, when I adjusted the starting point with paper, and pressed Z=0, it did not change the HOME point. Without this feature, it is impossible to check and see if the Z=0 has been done correctly or if it has shifted. Someone on a FB forum said that there was a G-Code hack for the non-Pro version that would allow this to work. Is there a G-Code hack for the Pro?

One of the other problems that not allowing a change in the HOME position has caused was when I installed this vinyl seal:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081D4...UTF8&psc=1

This seal is just thick enough that it stalls the Z motor when pressing the HOME button. Not amusing. So it is obvious that there needs to be some way to adjust the HOME point.

Thanks for any wisdom you can share -

I have no doubt there IS some sort of gcode hack for this... But when you adjusted the starting point with paper did you follow the directions from step one and loosen the screws holding the build plate steady first? This sounds like something I ran into where my initial zeroing of Z was too low. I had to back all the way out and start by loosening the screws holding the build plate steady because it will push down to compress the spring and if it CAN'T do that it won't change any of the settings. But once I loosened the screws holding the build plate, it let it compress and reset the zero point properly.
I just recieved my pro and I have the same issue trying to adjust the Set Z=0.  I have tried numerous times and is does not work.

Thanks,
Jimbee
Mines doing the same thing. I go to level the build plate. Get it set and press the key to set home and confirm it. Then I go to print and it tries to bust through the LCD screen. It goes down and somehow thinks level is 1 mm below the screen. I've tried leveling this thing 5 times. Eventually I set home 10mm above the screen and it still tries to go through the screen. How is leveling the printer a problem? It's the first thing you have to do! Where's the firmware update? Why isn't this fixed. I heard to unplug it and try after it sits for a night. Really? Fix the firmware before you ship a product. Right now I have a 300 dollar plastic box sitting my table. Should have went with anycubic. Any have a fix?
guess im confused on the issue. When you loosen the 2 bolts on the build plate it should be spring loaded and move up and down allowing it to sit on the glass ( with paper between so you dont scratch/break etc.

are you having issues with home with the bolts loose or is the build plate solid will not move?
I torqued down on those bolts as hard as I could. I set the home 10mm above the LCD to eliminate that as a possibility. The set home doesn't set home.
(07-02-2020, 02:19 PM)ANTARCHY Wrote: I torqued down on those bolts as hard as I could. I set the home 10mm above the LCD to eliminate that as a possibility. The set home doesn't set home.
maybe we need videos of it happening

the way I level is

1. Loosen the bolts on the build plate
2. Put paper over the lcd
3. hit the home button
4. Let it level itself ( it will push the plate in the housing since its spring loaded)
5. after its home and resting on the paper, tighten the bolts on the build plate
6. Raise the plate 90-100mm to put the resin vat in and print.

is that the same steps you are following?
That made so much sense I had to go try it. It works fine. Just a little user stupidity on my end. It does say to use the set z=0 in the book. And it doesn't reset the home when you press it. But the leveling is kind of brilliant. Thanks for the help.
(07-02-2020, 02:31 PM)ANTARCHY Wrote: That made so much sense I had to go try it. It works fine. Just a little user stupidity on my end. It does say to use the set z=0 in the book. And it doesn't reset the home when you press it. But the leveling is kind of brilliant. Thanks for the help.
No problem!!! glad you are back to printing!!!
I do not believe the [Z=0] function does anything on either Mars model. It is shown in a couple screenshots in the documentation, however there is no textual or graphic reference to it or it's use. I cannot find that utilizing it changes anything about the printer's function; I suspect it is a non-implemented capacity of the base software.