Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Printer Suitability
Hi all, I am looking to buy one of the Elegoo to print textured tiles 100 x 100 x 10mm. Currently I use an fdm printer which provides dimensionally accurate results but requires a great deal of post processing in the form of sanding.
[img]<a href=[/img][Image: IMG-20200208-111915.jpg]

Just want to know if the Elegoo would be suitable for this kind of print, will I need to sand still, are the results going to be dimensionally accurate?
just did a short preview of your model (100x100x10mm),
must printed vertical - some supports will be necessary
have a look at the screenshot about amount of resin and the printing time
(~100 ml resin, ~8.5 hours time)
may be it's possible to put 3 or 4 "plate" on the buildplate, then the printing-time will be the same

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-17-2020, 05:11 AM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: just did a short preview of your model (100x100x10mm),
must printed vertical - some supports will be necessary
have a look at the screenshot about amount of resin and the printing time
(~100 ml resin, ~8.5 hours time)
may be it's possible to put 3 or 4 "plate" on the buildplate, then the printing-time will be the same

Thanks for the advice. Would I be correct in thinking that this would need to be printed on supports and not directly on to the buildplate? Would any sanding be required do you think?
i mean supports from the buildplate up to the top and the middle of the parts, to protect the parts falling to side during print
sanding is not necessary, if you use a good resin, producing "ripple free" layers.