Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consistent printing failure across layers
Hey good people, I've been printing with my Elegoo Saturn for about a year now, and for the last few months had consistently good prints. All of a sudden on a new project I started experiencing strange behaviour. The print fails within the first 0-100 layers consistently. It's either failing across the whole layer, as if the layer is missing from the file, not always the same layer each time I print.
I've tried slowing the print down, increasing light off delays, re-aligning the build plate, new sheet, latest firmware. I even bought a new USB stick (same make and model that has been consistently good in the past). And still get the same results.
I checked in UVTools for missing layers, nothing.

I assumed it's corruption of the file, as it's consistent across a whole layer, and on my latest print (the best so far) it left big chunks of the supports out, again as if it's corrupted, but not across the whole layer.
But I've re-sliced time and again, moving the objects, and changing settings, copied to different sections of the USB stick. Formatted USB stick. Brand new USB stick. Even tried in Chitubox, to rule out lychee slicer. Same problem.

Some picsĀ Images

I tried printing something completely different and it worked perfectly. So, in case it was a fluke of luck I tried something else. This time worked almost perfectly, however a handful of supports stopped printing at the same layer again, but not enough to ruin the print - see image below.
So, I pulled in one of the models that was consistently failing in to the slicer, re-supported it from scratch, re-sliced it in Lychee. The print was a complete failure again. ALL but only 4/5 supports failed on the exact same layer again - see image below.
I cannot understand what is going on...

I'm really lost now. Does anyone have any advice?

Many thanks!

Latest Prints