Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with the Z-axis
Hello,
I experience imprecision on my Z-axis - basically, several first layers have incorrect height. I have document the issue in my blog post: https://blog.honzamrazek.cz/2019/08/test...egoo-mars/

Do you experience a similar problem? What could be the cause?
(08-22-2019, 04:45 AM)yaqwsx Wrote: Hello,
I experience imprecision on my Z-axis - basically, several first layers have incorrect height. I have document the issue in my blog post: https://blog.honzamrazek.cz/2019/08/test...egoo-mars/

Do you experience a similar problem? What could be the cause?
I have the same problem but no solution Sad
Only I found this in the "ChiTu Mainboard SpecificationV3.0.9.gcode"

;¡¾step related parameters¡¿After the parameters are set, please print a cube, then use the ruler to measure the size to confirm that there is no problem with the parameters.

M8010 S0.000625 ; ¡¾Z mm value per step¡¿ Calculation formula: lead / ((360 / 1.8) * 16).
I’m having the same issue and have tried placing supports to avoid the “supposedly” initial layer issue. Although it does seem to alíviate the problem, even after printing supports, the part is noticeably shorter in the z axis. 

Is is this a support issue now or has it been fixed with firmware. My machine is very recent, just got it a couple of weeks ago.
Yesterday I wrote to Elegoo support service and become quickly this anwer
but I never try yet.

*********************************************************************************

Thanks for your contact and purchasing Elegoo products.

1. Please level the build plate before you print a model. Please loose two fixed screws on build plate first when you level the build plate.

2. About the problem of the z-axis, you could loose the screws pointed by the arrow.
Then add a 1-2MM gasket on it and re-lock the screws. Thus the metal plate will move down 1-2MM which it can be detected by the sensor earlier and will not keep moving down too.
 [Image: QTlCNTg3NUZANjFBNzk4M0IuMjEzODZFNUQucG5n...-n4.bap11a]
Please note that after adding the gasket, you need to re-level the build plate.

Hope all above can help you solve the problem.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards.
bader357: Could you please fix the link for the image? It doesn't show to me :/

My problems are not caused by incorrect bed leveling as I can create the same layer squashing anywhere in the model printintg (see Volume 3 of my blog post).
(09-05-2019, 06:13 AM)yaqwsx Wrote: bader357: Could you please fix the link for the image? It doesn't show to me :/

My problems are not caused by incorrect bed leveling as I can create the same layer squashing anywhere in the model printintg (see Volume 3 of my blog post).

I got exactly the same response from support. I attached the pic they sent me. They said add 1-2 mm gasket. I’m assuming the mean a metal washer. Something hard, thoughts?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thank you. I applied the fix, however, the problem is preserved. It wasn't caused by incorrect homing.
I believe I'm having a similar issue on our machine. Each time I print with the part on the build plate (no supports) the parts are consistently 2mm short in Z. I have tried leveling according the the manual as well as leveling with the resin tray installed. I get the same results, I have tried as mentioned printing off the support plate with supports and have had more failures than successes.
I have finally found a solution to my problem. It is a design flaw in a component on the printer. You can read about it in more detail here: https://blog.honzamrazek.cz/2019/09/test...t-finally/
yaqwsx Wrote:I have finally found a solution to my problem. It is a design flaw in a component on the printer. You can read about it in more detail here: https://blog.honzamrazek.cz/2019/09/test...t-finally/
I believe that the fix for the 2mm short issue is something that isn't in the documentation and that is- after leveling the build plate going back a screen to the Set Zero. This seems so obvious and I'm trying it on this morning print. This was mentioned to me in another forum. Has anyone already tried this step?