Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Build plate wouldn't rise now doesn't know where it is
Hi

So I was having an issue with my printer where the build platform would not rise correctly, sometimes in judders and starts otherwise simply not moving at all

I cleaned the mechanisms twice, the screw the platform moves up and disassembled the build plate and it's interior screws. I am confident it is not an issue with grease on the screw. 

Now a new issue has presented while I was attempting to troubleshoot and when the build platform lowers it does not realise it has reached the LCD screen and continues to try and lower, I have leveled the base and it has not helped. I'm unsure if I now have two issues one with the motor not being strong enough and also the sensor to detect z=0 also not functioning

Any advice is appreciated if anyone has had any similar issues

Thanks for any replies
did you try to reset the machine parameters by printing the Elegoo gcode-file?
(03-01-2020, 07:33 AM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: did you try to reset the machine parameters by printing the Elegoo gcode-file?

I ran the Chipboard file that came on the memory stick like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNThkkdx9DI
it had no effect
Is this what you meant or is there something else?
yes, thats the file i mean - because there are some settings for the z-axis inside.

if the printer is new, contact Elegoo support,
otherwise you should check the cables of the z-motor and the z-endstop
(03-01-2020, 08:35 AM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: yes, thats the file i mean - because there are some settings for the z-axis inside.

if the printer is new, contact Elegoo support,
otherwise you should check the cables of the z-motor and the z-endstop
Ok thank you for the advice