Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New printer motor problems
Video 
I've just unboxed my brand new Elegoo Mars printer, but there's no movement on the Z axis, just motor noise. If I give it a helping hand it'll move, but as soon as I stop pushing it sticks again. It's not going to deal with the force of an actual print, if it can't lift the empty build plate.

Is this likely to be fixable, or do I really have to send the whole lot back to Amazon?

Thanks,
Neil.
it's better - and stressless - to send it back
(03-03-2020, 12:45 PM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: it's better - and stressless - to send it back

Thanks. Since posting I've lubed it up as I have grease here from other printers. It seems to be working for now, but we'll see.

Not the best out-of-box experience when they don't include the grease though.
(03-03-2020, 12:52 PM)PyramidHead76 Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 12:45 PM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: it's better - and stressless - to send it back

Thanks. Since posting I've lubed it up as I have grease here from other printers. It seems to be working for now, but we'll see.

Not the best out-of-box experience when they don't include the grease though.

Just an FYI: They normally do. Something seems to happen every now and then though, and we see one like yours.
just got my new mars this week, and had the same problem. Similarly cured with a bit of silicone lube (not provided) on the z axis. Not a super auspicious start to the whole thing, but it's been printing nearly nonstop since then and working great Smile