Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a big problem with my Elegoo Mars
Sad 
hi, i have a problem with my Elegoo Mars.
I bought it two weeks ago and i have never been able to make a print. I state that i'm new to 3d printing and that is almost certainly my mistake and not a malfunction, but I followed all the steps to the letter and I don't know what to do anymore.
The prints (the Rock presliced file) always come off from the print plane and remain on the FEP, sometimes immediately after few layers, sometimes after some time.
i tried to print and print the Rock presliced file and other file, i did the Z calibration dozens of time, I have always filtered the resin before a new print and i bought a new resin (Elegoo Resin), I cleaned everything between one print and another, i changed FEP after it was opaque, the printer is level, the UV is ok, i changed the exposure time but nothing, the prints do not stick.
do you have any idea? I am desperate , thanks in advance

Jacopo
what cleaner did you use that the FEP is getting opaque after two weeks?
(03-03-2020, 02:24 PM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: what cleaner did you use that the FEP is getting opaque after two weeks?
hi,

the first times (2 or 3 times) i put inside IPA for few time. The FEP was not so opaque but I thought that I have altered its properties with so much alcohol and i changed it because maybe was the problem. Later i used only soft paper.
You didn't say what actual resin. It's either black or a clear, isn't it? Those are advanced colors ( and clear is just generally bad. ) Color is how light interacts with a material, and we use light to cure, so it's one of the single most important factors. Black blocks so much light, it's hard to cure through...but if you get it dialed in and use a low layer height, it gives you the crispest details with the least amount of bleed. Clear is the opposite, absorbing very little light, making it hard to cure and having tons of bleed so it destroys detail. ( The 1 benefit clear has, besides if it absolutely must be clear, is if you want something super smooth that doesn't have any fine detail...long exposure clear is the best you can do. )

95% of the time a part drops off the FEP, it's due to a bottom exposure being too low. Often by a lot. Since it pretty much only helps, I always recommend going extra long on the bottom layers. Like 90-200 seconds depending on the resin.
Hi,
initially i had black resin by Elegoo, 405 nanometers, now i'm using grey resin, always Elegoo 405 but the rusults are the same. i know that it's simple that the print remains on the FEP but it always happens with presliced files and I haven't printed anything successfully yet. I tried to change the exposure parameters in my last attempts, according to the parameters written on the resin specifications (60seconds for the 15 layers and 9seconds the others my last attempt).
i will try to increase more the exposure, however thank you!
While everyone seems to use isopropylalcohol for some unknown reason, there are way  better solvents available. The buildplate just wash properly with acetone and you will be fine. I print with 3 base layers @ 60sec and can't even remember the last time something came off. No matter what kind of resin.
It might help if you give your prints larger single contact area to the build platform.

Either by:
1)Increasing raft size
2)Printing larger models or
3)Moving parts so close to each other their rafts are combined (but parts themselves not)
I used the IPO because as I said I am new in 3D printing and everyone recommended it, so initially I did so, but that's not the problem. I thank you for your advices but these are precautions that I have already made, however it seems strange to me that in dozens of attempts i have not yet managed to print the test towers. I will try again and at worst I will contact amazon to change the printer, thank you all!
getting your settings, bottom layers as stated is Key, i struggled with it at first.

however i do additionally use some WD-40 Dry PTFE lubricant in the tank, just before my print i clean the tank (i just like to even though its already clean) then i spray in some lube, wipe it around and clean 90% of it off with a...i would call it a shimmy, the kind of cloth you clean glasses/spectacles with leaving just a very thing film.Top up the tank with resin and then print.

Gives you a tiny bit of leeway if your settings arn't bang on and a  little extra peace of mind even if they are.

Might help....