Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a big problem with my Elegoo Mars
You didn't say what actual resin. It's either black or a clear, isn't it? Those are advanced colors ( and clear is just generally bad. ) Color is how light interacts with a material, and we use light to cure, so it's one of the single most important factors. Black blocks so much light, it's hard to cure through...but if you get it dialed in and use a low layer height, it gives you the crispest details with the least amount of bleed. Clear is the opposite, absorbing very little light, making it hard to cure and having tons of bleed so it destroys detail. ( The 1 benefit clear has, besides if it absolutely must be clear, is if you want something super smooth that doesn't have any fine detail...long exposure clear is the best you can do. )

95% of the time a part drops off the FEP, it's due to a bottom exposure being too low. Often by a lot. Since it pretty much only helps, I always recommend going extra long on the bottom layers. Like 90-200 seconds depending on the resin.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I have a big problem with my Elegoo Mars - by zemerick - 03-04-2020, 12:19 PM