Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elegoo water washable resin
The information regarding Elegoo water washable resin on Amazon says "6)If you don't use the resin, please do not leave them in the resin tank over 48 hours or put them back to its original bottle and seal it."  This seems to say you cannot put the resin back in the bottle after you have it in the vat.  What do people do who are using this product?  Do you throw away the excess each time?
In general you would strain it into a new bottle. Though, I think they were saying TO put it into the original bottle and seal it if you are not going to use it for awhile. Translations can be difficult.

Note though that I have no specific knowledge of water washable resins.
I don't know about that specific question PolkContyMike, what I can say though, is that I have been using that resin for 2 weeks now and seems to me way better than regular resin.
- Gets cleaned so easily with water. It is much less "oil-like" and then so much easier to remove form the model and from anywhere else.
- Don't have measurements, but I would say it also curates faster.

I did not have to use IPA since I opened that bottle, and my life is so much easier now.... not going back to other resin, it is worth every extra € I have paid for it.
(03-08-2020, 09:15 PM)zemerick Wrote: In general you would strain it into a new bottle. Though, I think they were saying TO put it into the original bottle and seal it if you are not going to use it for awhile. Translations can be difficult.

Note though that I have no specific knowledge of water washable resins.
OK.  I think you are right about the translation.  Thanks for clarifying.

(03-09-2020, 02:46 AM)DolanDolan Wrote: I don't know about that specific question PolkContyMike, what I can say though, is that I have been using that resin for 2 weeks now and seems to me way better than regular resin.
- Gets cleaned so easily with water. It is much less "oil-like" and then so much easier to remove form the model and from anywhere else.
- Don't have measurements, but I would say it also curates faster.

I did not have to use IPA since I opened that bottle, and my life is so much easier now.... not going back to other resin, it is worth every extra € I have paid for it.
Thank you. I think I will give it a try.