Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assembling Many Parts to Make a Larger Model
One of the neat things about an SLA printer is the fidelity with which one can create parts that look a lot like they were injection molded.

However, the small volume frequently means that larger parts that would normally be one piece must be subdivided.

It's presumed that assembling larger parts into the whole would be done with some form of CA.  Small gaps would be filled with CA gap filling glue, or perhaps CA kicked by baking soda.

But what of larger parts?  Contouring, perhaps, for blending parts together.  Does anyone have experience and what they would recommend as a modeling putty that will stick to SLA resin?

There's this model I've been designing for many years that I expect will slowly emerge from my vat over the next months.  It's been a long enough wait!
Hi Steve,
i am running just some tests with uv glue - google for "Kafuter uv glue" - but tests are not finished (due the missing time)
specially for the clear resin it should work
I found this information very encouraging:

https://formlabs.com/blog/how-to-create-...ld-volume/
Somewhere I've read that folks are using resin to "glue" parts together and then UV curing it.

I have yet to try this, but it's on my radar because there are several things I'd like to print that are too big,
(02-18-2021, 05:42 AM)Two Wheeler Wrote: Somewhere I've read that folks are using resin to "glue" parts together and then UV curing it.

I have yet to try this, but it's on my radar because there are several things I'd like to print that are too big,

I do this all the time--My curing chamber is a converted .7 ft³ microwave oven. I yanked the magnetron and it's power supply and added a 30 W 405 nm LED--40 minutes will cure anything. Read more about the project here.
-cliff knight-
[Image: 816-20120803-wide800.jpg]
paladinmicro.com