Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange offset in some layers
Question 
Hi folks. I've had this problem a few times with my new Mars Pro. It doesn't happen with everything I print, but has happened a few times.
This is the same STL sliced three times, two different exposures at 0.05mm, and one at 0.025mm.
I also have a picture of it happening on a larger object.

Unfortunately, due to the completely undocumented new file format, I can't preview the sliced file, or try any other slicer than Chitubox.

[Image: qr786s4.jpg]
[Image: snbpgvuncgh41.jpg]
is there a special version of Chitubox for the Pro?
if it is the same file format as for the "norma"l Mars, you can try the "Photon File Validator" for preview
(works for me and my Mars)
(03-07-2020, 06:20 AM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: is there a special version of Chitubox for the Pro?
if it is the same file format as for the "norma"l Mars, you can try the "Photon File Validator" for preview
(works for me and my Mars)
It just needs the latest version of Chitubox, but the Pro doesn't support the old cbddlp format, or any others for that matter. It only supports the new CTB file format, which PFV does not. Hence being unable to use any slicer other than Chitubox for now.
sorry for confusion. i set up the Pro in Chitubox and now i see the new CTB file format.
I've been seeing this now and then, and it's pretty much identical to an old firmware bug the standard Mars had. In fact, that test print has the issue in the same exact spot my standard Mars did ( though smeared in a different direction ).

The bad news is I haven't heard of any different firmware versions for the Pro yet, and no other solutions were found when the standard had the issue. Sometimes it happened, sometimes it didn't, then in fairly short order they updated the firmware and it was fixed.

You can try re-slicing the test print, then set lift height to 0 and exposures to 1s ( so it can "print" super fast ), then remove the plate and vat. Place a piece of paper on the glass ( so you can easily see what is going on ), and run the print. The old firmware bug would cause sections of a print to shift out of line, typically half or 1/4 of the screen or so. It would be like a rectangle was selected and just shifted straight over. If it shows up exactly the same, it should be very obvious.
(03-08-2020, 09:34 PM)zemerick Wrote: I've been seeing this now and then, and it's pretty much identical to an old firmware bug the standard Mars had. In fact, that test print has the issue in the same exact spot my standard Mars did ( though smeared in a different direction ).
Interesting. Hopefully there'll be some news of a firmware fix for the Pro model eventually.