Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New printer - not sticking to platform
(03-26-2020, 10:55 PM)mattk Wrote: what resin are you using? I had similar issues on my first handful of prints with elegoo standard transparent. I bumped the exposure time way up to 18 seconds based on some googling about that specific resin, and raised the lift distance to 10mm. It hasn't failed a print since, but they do take forever with the 18 second layer exposure. I haven't had time to try dropping it to see where the sweet spot is.

Thanks - it was Elegoo brand grey. I know black and transparent can be a problem. I've got other problems now - namely I spilt some resin on to the top of the printer, it started dripping in through the motor hole. In a bit of a panic, I took the top off and tore the LCD screen ribbon. It is currently impossible to source a replacement screen in the UK. Also I need isopropyl alcohol, but because of people wanting to make hand sanitiser, that is also only available at extortionate prices, mostly from sellers who appear to have almost no positive eBay feedback (and so are probably scammers). I think my printing is on indefinite hold...

When I do, I'm going to try increasing the base layer exposure times a bit, putting a smear of WD40 on the FEP film, and when levelling the platform pulling on the A4 paper to check that it is difficult but not impossible to pull out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New printer - not sticking to platform - by aidanbz - 03-27-2020, 01:41 AM