Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NeedHelp with Print.. Sticking to FEP
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum.  I've had my Mars for about a month and a half.

I've been able to print the rooks successfully, and one other thing...once.

I've been struggling with prints sticking to the FEP.  I've tried replacing the FEP, I bought the Elegoo 2 pack of resin tanks (FEP installed), I'm using Elegoo Grey Resin.  I've even tried the 3-in-1 wiped on the FEP.

I've leveled the build plate prior to printing using a piece of paper per the instructions...

I'm including a picture of my current project in CHITUBOX and a screenshot of my settings.

Could someone tell me if something looks incorrect?

I tried making more of these guns in an attempt to add more surface for the build plate but it hasn't helped.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thank you!!

did you read the entries, tipps and hints in this forum section: Prints Sticking to the FEP Film ?
(03-23-2020, 03:25 AM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: did you read the entries, tipps and hints in this forum section: Prints Sticking to the FEP Film ?
Yes.  I saw a post about sanding the build plate (I've seen that elsewhere as well) and then a response advising against it.  I've also seen posts about suing 3-in-1 lube (tried it) and RainX.....

I've seen where folks say increase the exposure time for the first layer...tried that too....

My post was more about, does something look wrong?  Since I'm new, there may be guidance on how best to place prints for sticking to build plate.  There may be something in my settings that look off.

Thanks
did you try to print one of the parts only? how is the result?
(03-23-2020, 06:26 AM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: did you try to print one of the parts only? how is the result?

That originally didn't stick.  I assumed it was simply because it was so small.  That was the reason I added a bunch more....Maybe I need to meet somewhere in the middle.

I'm thinking of printing the rooks again just as a sanity check!  It's really frustrating to not be able to print anything other than the rooks...
my steps, i would do in this situation:
- cleaning the build plate and the fep (inner and outer) with IPA
- sticking capton tape around the lcd and clean the lcd (dry towel)
- leveling with a stack of two pieces of paper (witout the vat)
- rotate one of the parts to get a bigger surface on build plate
- increase the exposure time (a little) up to 80sec base and 10 sec layers

but this is only my way to check ;-)
(03-24-2020, 01:59 AM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: my steps, i would do in this situation:
- cleaning the build plate and the fep (inner and outer) with IPA
- sticking capton tape around the lcd and clean the lcd (dry towel)
- leveling with a stack of two pieces of paper (witout the vat)
- rotate one of the parts to get a bigger surface on build plate
- increase the exposure time (a little) up to 80sec base and 10 sec layers

but this is only my way to check ;-)

Thank you for the reply!  Last night I tried one of the Artisian's Guild Pre-Supported files (Patreon) and it worked!

I'm thinking it has to do with my model.  I'm going to try more today.  I actually tried another (single) of my model this morning but the printer sounded like it was grinding, so I'm assuming there is something in the resin vat from last night's print.  I'll clean that out and try again...If I still have problems I'll try the kapton tape and the two pieces of paper for leveling and see how that goes!

Thanks again!