Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warping issues
Hi, I am trying to print several things, and experiencing warping issues. The first is a dial for my lathe, in black eco resin from anycubic, the other is a window for my stepdaughters dolls house in white elegoo water soluble resin. I have added heavy supports to the top (closest to the build plate) as many as I can fit in. 

The dolls house has warping at the sides of the top and all down one side, and there is an odd misshape towards the bottom on one side.

The dial seems to have issues at the top, I have used a 20 degree angle and heavy supports at the top.

I have increased the time to 10s and a 1s break between layers.

I am new to resin printing, and am pulling my hair out   Angry .

Any help would be appreciated.            
Try flipping your model 45 degrees on the X and Y axis.
(09-22-2022, 12:06 PM)Diamond999 Wrote: Try flipping your model 45 degrees on the X and Y axis.
Yes , this reduces the area and hence the peel forces .Add lots more supports and adjust the support connection to make sure it leaves a bump that can be sanded off later. If it is your model, try adding sacrificial support at the edges.

Warping can be caused by movement of the supports during the peel , they don't always return to exactly the same shape after a pull - imagine how each layer will react to being pulled away from the plate , add supports to triangulate critical parts (upside-down tripods)

and warping by thermal contraction , the plastic heats as it is polymerised and on cooling the thickest parts will pull the model out of shape. This is why it is best to keep model walls less than 2-3mm thick , and why it is necessary to keep the whole printer warm (>20'C ) where possible.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)