Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacement LCD Panel Thickness
Photo 
I replaced my LCD panel due to a cable issue internally with an "Elegoo Mars - 5.5" Replacement LCD Screen Panel 04" from FilamentOne and have noticed that it seems to have a substantially thicker panel of glass on top of it, see images below: 
[Image: ihqnBdQ.jpg]
Here it is in the back ground to compare to the old panel: 
[Image: GSCa7vl.jpg.]

Is this normal? My printer has a Version B control board (daughter board offset from the main board, with "v04" printed on it, for the screen to plug into). I've fit the panel and the exposure test worked fine. I releveled the build platform to the new panel. The tank does not sit quite right due to the glass being above the chassis metal but the test print im running seems to be working. Do I need to add a Z distance offset to accommodate the raised LCD? 

Thanks!
No, and increased thickness would have an impact on the detail level as well. The light is not collomated, so it passes through the LCD mask at all angles. Greater distance from the mask to the resin means the light can spread out more, causing a substantial amount of blurring. ( Trying to find a reasonable way to decrease the normal distance is something I have been working on. ) This blurring of the light could also increase required exposure levels a touch ( though this might not be enough to matter. I don't know there. ) On the flip side, it should be more durable.