Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
VERY DISAPPOINTED !
I was so looking forward to this day.

I have been part of the 3D printing community since the start. I own and almost daily operate my TAZ 6, Prusa Mk3S, Creator Pro ( mainly ABS) and Form 2.

Everyone raved about the MARS.

I received mine today, Very well packed. Better than any other printer. Followed the calibration instruction, used the new water washable resin and ...nothing !

After 2 hours into a 3 hour print no adhesion !!

WTF ???

Re-calibrate and re-run the stock print. No Adhesion !

Try a third time and the printer stops, following a bad smell (electrical).

Amazon return and back it goes.

So disappointed ! Why would this even happen ?

I have to say that i am now waiting for the Epax x1 to come back in stock to try them.

Elegoo is done for me !

Very Disappointed !
Honestly, if you're this easily thrown off of an entire brand forever, you might as well not buy anything ever again. Issues happen. I'm willing to bet you've had plenty of problems with every single one of those other printers listed. I can also guarantee there are a number of people that have received defective ones. This includes the Epax. Considering the price of the Mars, the fact that this could be the first I have heard of a major fault from the factory is actually quite good. Some have had dead screens, or more often a loose cable, and others have had a bad grease job. Some other minor issues. Elegoo support has also usually been very helpful when there are issues, fixing things for free. That's much better than can be said of many big name and expensive brands. <cough>Apple<cough>
(04-18-2020, 05:07 PM)zemerick Wrote: Honestly, if you're this easily thrown off of an entire brand forever, you might as well not buy anything ever again. Issues happen. I'm willing to bet you've had plenty of problems with every single one of those other printers listed. I can also guarantee there are a number of people that have received defective ones. This includes the Epax. Considering the price of the Mars, the fact that this could be the first I have heard of a major fault from the factory is actually quite good. Some have had dead screens, or more often a loose cable, and others have had a bad grease job. Some other minor issues. Elegoo support has also usually been very helpful when there are issues, fixing things for free. That's much better than can be said of many big name and expensive brands. <cough>Apple<cough>

I'd agree with you on all your points - but this guy seems like someone who just came here to crap all over Mars. I'm still printing my first print as I write this, I had some issues with the grease and the display not showing correctly - but 5 minutes, a couple of tools and a good knowledge of cabling, I seated everything myself again and off it went. No issue so far.

As for Apple, I have had nothing but good returns on my products from them - usually they give me a replacement or I claim it from the warranty. Even got an iPhone 11 replaced free of charge from an Apple store, broken display plus Jailbreak installed, and they straight swapped it. Not sure why, but - I'm happy. Guess it's luck of the draw - who you deal with at the "Genius" bar, etc.
Video 
i actually have an update.

Elegoo support is awesome.

They shipped me another unit, which also had issues, this time with a loose and bad z axis motor. 

Advice from the Elegoo Mars support team: 

CHECK YOUR TWO SCREWS THAT HOLD YOUR MOTOR SCREW ASSEMBLY BEFORE YOU PRINT AND PERIODICALLY VERIFY THEY ARE TIGHT !

I also had to send this unit back. Third unit was the charm.

I leveled and it printed correctly right off the bat.

Don't listen to the trolls on these forums that only want to criticize and ridicule you.

If you believe something is wrong with your machine, you are probably correct and you should call Elegoo support. They are excellent !

In my case i had to go through two units before i got a good one.