Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broken on Arrival?
Exclamation 
I received my Elegoo printer about a few weeks ago but haven't began setup until just recently. During Z-Axis calibration, I noticed that instead of the build plate lowering to contact the resin bed then moving back up, it would just continue to press into the glass until I manually cancelled the movement. At the time, I wasn't aware that this wasn't supposed to happen and assumed it was working as intended. I prepared a simple test print after completing the rest of the setup as instructed, only for a similar issue to arise. The plate continued to lower into the resin tank until the point where it was putting great pressure against the glass, causing the entire machine to vibrate violently. After cancelling the print and attempting to raise the platform through the config menu, it simply refuses to raise at all, (Again, the machine vibrating but no elevation taking place), and is apparently stuck pressing into the resin tank. If there is any fix possible for this, I'm all ears - else I'm just gonna have to try and get a refund or somesuch for getting this thing DOA. Angry
to protect your lcd fom damage, you should do some "dry runs": remove the buildplate and the VAT - cover the lcd with some pieces of paper (to protect your eyes) - move up the z-arm by turning the z-axis by hand - start a print with a small simple model - look what happend.
next steps can be (just an idea):
- check the cableing of the z-endstop
- clean and grease the z-axis
- if nothing helps, contact Elegoo support
(04-28-2020, 03:45 PM)Jsoull Wrote: I received my Elegoo printer about a few weeks ago but haven't began setup until just recently. During Z-Axis calibration, I noticed that instead of the build plate lowering to contact the resin bed then moving back up, it would just continue to press into the glass until I manually cancelled the movement. At the time, I wasn't aware that this wasn't supposed to happen and assumed it was working as intended. I prepared a simple test print after completing the rest of the setup as instructed, only for a similar issue to arise. The plate continued to lower into the resin tank until the point where it was putting great pressure against the glass, causing the entire machine to vibrate violently. After cancelling the print and attempting to raise the platform through the config menu, it simply refuses to raise at all, (Again, the machine vibrating but no elevation taking place), and is apparently stuck pressing into the resin tank. If there is any fix possible for this, I'm all ears - else I'm just gonna have to try and get a refund or somesuch for getting this thing DOA. Angry
Hi there,

Received mine yesterday and its doing similar with z-axis calibration, no matter the height when I reset the z & print the plate lowers and feels like it wants to keep going while vibrating the whole machine. Does that sound similar and did you fix yours ?
Thank you Smile

EDIT:

I mistakenly thought that after you had set the z=0 pressing 'home' would take you to this level.

Obviously now it doesn't, at this point one should have tightened the screws and therefore pressing home again tries to lower the plate thinking the spring is active.

'Home' does not go down to the new z=0 position (just in case anyone else is being stupid like me).
do you get an Elegoo Mars or an Mars Pro?
(07-08-2020, 01:28 PM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: do you get an Elegoo Mars or an Mars Pro?
I got a Pro.. its working fine now thanks, I've edited my post explaining my stupidity Smile

I've gone from a few years of FDM to resin now too, its a bit of a difference!