Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a noise
Leveled bed, leveled the machine itself with a spirit level. Already done the chess piece and one more print then when i go to print something else the plate goes down into the liquid and the plate seems like it wants to go further hence not being able to print.
Thanks.
some left parts or pieces still in the VAT or on the FEP?
(04-29-2020, 07:19 AM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: some left parts or pieces still in the VAT or on the FEP?
No everything is clean and tidy
did you clean and grease the z-axis?
(04-29-2020, 09:00 AM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: did you clean and grease the z-axis?
Yeah
hmmm (???) - could you show us the files (*.stl and sliced)

next "try":
to protect your lcd fom damage, you should do some "dry runs": remove the buildplate and the VAT - cover the lcd with some pieces of paper (to protect your eyes) - move up the z-arm by turning the z-axis by hand - start a print with a small simple model - look what happend.
next steps can be (just an idea):
- check the cableing of the z-endstop
- if nothing helps, contact Elegoo support

(sometimes it's hard to do some remote-fault-detection .... it's easier to have the machine on the workbench) ;-)
(04-29-2020, 10:13 AM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: hmmm (???) - could you show us the files (*.stl and sliced)

next "try":
to protect your lcd fom damage, you should do some "dry runs": remove the buildplate and the VAT - cover the lcd with some pieces of paper (to protect your eyes) - move up the z-arm by turning the z-axis by hand - start a print with a small simple model - look what happend.
next steps can be (just an idea):
- check the cableing of the z-endstop
- if nothing helps, contact Elegoo support

(sometimes it's hard to do some remote-fault-detection .... it's easier to have the machine on the workbench) ;-)

I am using the test print off the USB already printed this once with no problems.

I have leveled plate again and the noise has stopped but when i go to print there is nothing on the build plate.
is there somthing on the FEP?
what happend at "dry run", can you see the UV-light of the layers?
what about the files?
(05-01-2020, 06:01 AM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: is there somthing on the FEP?
what happend at "dry run", can you see the UV-light of the layers?
what about the files?
no everything is clean
dry run went fine no problems
Uv light is ok too
Ran a few prints today, day off from work, printed nothing only for very layer on the tank film.the file is the one from the USB provided the test rook piece. i have printed this before.

On the Elegoo in the Exposure settings what should the exposure time be?
"printed nothing only for very layer on the tank film" - you mean, there are some layers printed and sticking an the FEP?
"On the Elegoo in the Exposure settings what should the exposure time be?" - depends on the resin - what are your actual settings for the resin?