Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cracking sounds during print.
Hello there,

Second print here - medium sized. 

Cleaned the resin tank and re-assembled, realigned and calibrated the plate before beginning new print. Began new print, hearing what sounds like "air bubbles" popping out under pressure. 

Is it an issue that there may be air trapped under the resin tank? I only ask as it sounds like this - I cannot confirm unless I skip the print, or wait until it's finished. 

Anyone else have experiences with possibility of air bubbles forming under the FEP layer?
watch the moving of the buildplate. If you hear the "Blob" when the buildplate is moving up for the next layer, it is the sound of "stripping off" the last layer from the FEP.
A good indicator that the model is not sticking to the FEP.
(05-07-2020, 10:29 PM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: watch the moving of the buildplate. If you hear the "Blob" when the buildplate is moving up for the next layer, it is the sound of "stripping off" the last layer from the FEP.
A good indicator that the model is not sticking to the FEP.

I did a little investigating and found that there was somehow moisture trapped under the plate, between the FEP and the glass. Placing a tiny piece of tape on the edge, lifted it just enough to prevent the suction effect. Not sure if this is a permanent viable solution, but I'll be looking into other options.
remove the moisture and check the FEP about a damages. Somtimes there are some small holes in the FEP, so your "moisture" can be resin.
(05-10-2020, 12:13 AM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: remove the moisture and check the FEP about a damages. Somtimes there are some small holes in the FEP, so your "moisture" can be resin.

Moisture was from ISO, when I cleaned everything (the underside of the tank), I did not dry it properly, so some moisture was trapped under there - and since the seal was airtight, the alcohol could not escape. All good now though.
so, happy printing ;-)
(05-10-2020, 08:55 AM)fromFDMtoSLA Wrote: so, happy printing ;-)

Really got some great results now, working fine - I made a small test after cleaning out the tank - blowing a hairdryer on the underside on low heat at a distance of 20cm or so for 30 seconds prevented any build up of moisture throughout a print. Tested on a 6 hour cycle and it worked flawlessly :-)