Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
very tiny and delicate pieces sticking to bottom of resin vat
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2062687

that mini nintendo switch was what I was trying to print- the first time I got the body, stand, and the controller-holder thing, but the screen and joycons were nowhere to be seen- using an opaque resin. Two mistakes I made were having the window open for ventilation, with temperatures of 5 to -4 outside... and forgetting to shake the resin bottle before starting. There might also have still been dust in the vat, since that bottom clear part is really static-y...

Once I emptied the vat, the screen and the super thin failed second tries were stuck to the bottom. My first try had the parts standing up, but then I thought they might need more surface area, so I laid everything down, but I didn't know stuff could stick to that bottom part so I never emptied the vat after the first try and just went again with the new layout- though the screen I found stuck to the bottom was from the second try cause it was lying down.

I've heard of people putting tape somewhere, but wasn't able to understand where they meant. There's the vat, the clear bottom that has two sides, and the screen itself...

I'm trying to figure out where it went wrong so I can correct for it- it's my first time printing so, yeah...

Help?
the "Photon File Validator" is a useful tool for checking the sliced files.Try it out with your models.
The tape is only for protecting the LCD if some resin is getting out of the VAT.
If you start a new print and some parts are sticking still on the FEP - from last print - it's possible that you crack your LCD. So check after every print the FEP.