Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First print warped. What to do better?
After the initial rooks (which looked good to me, here's the first part I tried to print, a connector for hospital air therapy. It came out too warped to use; the overall shape was wrong, there was banding, and the air holes were almost entirely collapsed at the end. Help me debug my process, plz?

Images will follow in the replies; they don't seem to want to attach to this post.

Notice that the air holes at the end of the two "christmas tree" connectors have collapsed down to flat lines. The side facing away from the supports looks good, but the supported side has flattened out. Compare this to the model in OnShape.

There's are some other hints what went wrong: Though it didn't seem to muck with the rooks that I noticed, the z-thread did a fair bit of shaking and made a farty noise during its faster movements (like pulling it up from the resin tank), on and off. This pic doesn't capture the bandoness of the print, but I'm guessing I need to lube up the Z-thread to sort that. Either that, or something's amiss in the stepper motor that drives it.

Thoughts? Other data I should be offering for the debug to go forward?

Apparently I need to figure out this forum before I can ask for help properly.
When I try to post from Chrome, the editor doesn't work. When I try to post from Firefox, the images I post show up as text. What browser y'all using?
upload the pictures to a cloud and show us the link