Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prints stop half way / FEP change
Hey guys,

So I’ve been printing for about 3 weeks. Got some very good results but I recently replaced my FEP due to my first print mistakes caused some damage, I started to get a few fails where the dents were so replaced. 

Followed the guide on how to replace, I also checked the guide for the anycubix photon because that spoke about tuning the FEP. 

However now my prints seem to fail, roughly at the same point. I’ve tried 3 prints. All three were auto supported by Lost Kingdoms so I know they are good. It seems to be stopping at the same height every time. 

I have ensured it’s level. Think I have tuned the FEP. What else could it be?

Do you need to tune the FEP? I can’t seem to find any info about this relating to the Mars specifically. What should you tune too? I’ve been using an app called Spectrum. Do you need to tune to the peak Hz? 

Do you know what else it could be? I assumed it might be failing due to the FEP as that’s the only thing I’ve changed? 

Thanks in advance for your help
Warren
on which height do the prints stop? always at the same model or on different?
please show a picture of the faulty print.
Check file size after sliced. There is a limit to what the printer can handle. My issue, and it was totally my fault, was that on larger prints with Anti-aliasing turned on to 8, it created files that were over 1GB vs 100+MB. Two prints failed at the 13 hour mark (16 hour print). I turned off anti-aliasing, replaced, and perfect prints.